The application shows a surface inspection of a connecting rod and its functional areas.
3D triangulation sensors with a height resolution of 2 µm are used for this check. The evaluation takes place via a PC with Halcon from MVTec.
The system structure consists of a triangulation sensor that is moved along an axis and scans one component at a time. The working distances and fields of view are tailored to the task and can be adjusted for similar applications.
- Surface defects with small depth can be detected, since the devices are available from a theoretical accuracy of 2 µm in height
- Flexibility during training, platform heels, angles and dimensions can be checked at the same time
- easy to use because customer-specific setting parameters in one dialog
- Scan times with resulting resolutions adjustable
- The system can be specially adapted to your needs and transferred to various applications.